Contributors to the
Comparative Bantu Online Dictionary (CBOLD) Project
How to become a CBOLD contributor or user
In terms of the distribution of the data contained in the CBOLD database, CBOLD project does not distinguish between contributors and users: you may use the data whether you contribute or not, and contributing data does not give you an advantage over non-contributors (except in a few specific cases where an arrangement has been negotiated beforehand).
However, we do require of all parties adherence to a short set of conditions on the use of the data. We request that if you use or contribute data that you affirm in writing your willingness to adher to these conditions.
Therefore, if you wish to become either a user of or contributor the CBOLD database, please print the text of the Bantuist's Manifesto out and send us a signed hardcopy for our files. We will include your signature on the manifesto.
Contributors will also have their names listed below in the CBOLD Hall of Fame.
The CBOLD Hall of Fame: Contributors to the CBOLD database
The following is a list of contributors to and collaborators with the CBOLD database. Please let use know if we have let anyone's name out!
- "The Lyon team" in France under the direction of Dr. Jean-Marie Hombert provide regional reconstructions for Guthrie zone B (Gabon and environs). Other participating members of the Laboratoire DYLAN ("Dynamique du Langage") include Joël (Programmer) Brogniart , François Nsuka-Nkutsi, Jean Blanchon, Lolke Van der Veen, Denis Creissels, Gérard Philippson, Pascale Piron, Pascale Dautrey, and Didier Demolin.
- "The Tervuren team" in Belgium under the direction of Dr. Claire Grégoire is providing approximately 10,000 Proto-Bantu or regional reconstructed roots, as well as 7,000 lexical entries from zone A (Cameroon). Other participating members in the Lolemi project at the Musée Royal de l'Afrique include Yvonne Bastin, Baudouin Janssens and Pascale Hadermann, among others.
- Dr. Thilo Schadeberg of Leiden University coordinates the efforts of the BWG to evaluate these roots and, where necessary, gather additional information from the international community.
- Dr. Robert Botne at Indiana University, Bloomington
- Dr. Nico Burssens at the University of Ghent, Belgium.
- Dr. Farida Cassimjee at the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana.
- Dr. Derek Gowlett at the University of Cape Town.
- Dr. Thomas Hinnebusch at U.C.L.A.
- Bruce Connell
- Prof. Michael Mann
- Dr. Joyce Matangwane, CBOLD
- Armindo Ngunga, CBOLD
- Jeri Moxley, CBOLD
- Jeff Good, CBOLD
- Patrick Halemba
- Dr. Tore Jansson at the University of Göteburg, Sweden.
- Dr. Francis Katamba, University of Lancaster, U.K..
- Dr. Charles Kisseberth at the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana.
- Dr. Al Mtenje at the University of Malawi.
- Dr. Lynn Murphy at the University of Witwatersrand.
- Dr. Dr. Derek Nurse at the Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Dr. David Odden at the Ohio State University, Columbus.
- Dr. Josephat Rugemalira at the University of Dar es Salaam.